Pumpkin Dump Cake
Easy pumpkin dump cake made from scratch and without cake mix. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Homemade yellow cake mix
- 2⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, divided and chilled for dry mixture and on top of cake
- 1 can (28 oz) pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans o
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- whipped cream
- vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9x13 cake pan with crisco. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, put in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and whisk together. Mix in one stick of chilled butter with pastry blender. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour in 9x13 greased cake pan.
Pour dry mixture on top of pumpkin mixture. Spread chopped pecans on top of dry mixture.
Place 1 stick of butter on top of cake mixture (cut into pads). You can also melt butter and put all on top of cake.
Bake for 1 hour. Serve warm with whipped cream or with vanilla ice cream.
- Best if served right away. Store in airtight container in fridge for 2-3 days.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
Serving: 12slicesCalories: 410kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 6gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 533mgPotassium: 96mgFiber: 2gSugar: 25gVitamin A: 583IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 79mgIron: 2mg