A chocolate and fudgy brownie within a flaky and buttery crust. I've died and gone to heaven!
1 large saucepan
1 medium mixing bowl
1 9 inch pie pan
- 1 6oz Pillsbury deep dish pie crust
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, put in the chopped chocolate pieces and the 1 stick of butter. Melt on low and stir often. Once it is melted, remove from heat and add both the sugars until combined. Sift all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
Add in the eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Stir in spoonfuls of flour mixture one at a time and blend with spatula until smooth.
Pour batter into prepared pie crust. Bake for 45 minutes. Inside will still be gooey, which is perfectly ok! Let pie cool for about 15-20 minutes and then serve!
- Store covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Freeze individual slices for up to 1 month.
Serving: 10peopleCalories: 445kcalCarbohydrates: 62gProtein: 6gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 179mgPotassium: 239mgFiber: 3gSugar: 44gVitamin A: 403IUCalcium: 61mgIron: 3mg