Texas Vanilla Sheet cake
A Texas style sheet cake layered with a peanut butter icing.
- 2⅔ Cup Flour
- 2 Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Butter 1 stick, room temperature
- ½ Cup Vegetable oil
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ Cup buttermilk
Peanut Butter icing
- ½ cup butter 1 stick, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz Cream cheese softened
- 1 Cup Peanut butter
- 1 lb Confectioner's sugar
Preheat oven to 350°
Bring butter, vegetable oil and water to a boil in a pot.
Pour over flour mixture and blend well with electric hand mixer.
Beat in eggs, 2 teaspoon of vanilla, baking soda and buttermilk.
Pour into greased sheet pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Cake should be moist and cake tester or toothpick will come out clean.
In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, vanilla, cream cheese and peanut butter until well blended.
Slowly add in confectioner's sugar and mix well for about 2-3 minutes.
Spread over warm cake and let set for about 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Will stay fresh for up to a week if sealed well in an airtight container.
- Freeze for up to 2 months.
Serving: 15peopleCalories: 644kcalCarbohydrates: 78gProtein: 9gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 383mgPotassium: 179mgFiber: 2gSugar: 59gVitamin A: 631IUCalcium: 45mgIron: 2mg