Lucky Charm Ice Cream cupcakes
Vanilla buttery cupcakes filled with lucky charm marshmallow truffles and topped with vanilla bean ice cream.
Oster electric hand mixer
Measuring cups and spoons
2 cupcake tins filled with liners
- 1¾ cup cake flour
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature and cubed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup lucky charm marshmallows
Lucky charm buttercream truffles
- ½ cup lucky charm marshmallows
- ½ cup softened butter, not melted
- 5-6 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoon granulated sugar
Vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 scoop topping for cupcake
Preheat oven to 350°. Line tins with cupcake liners; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, sugars, baking powder and salt. With electric hand mixer on low, add in cubed butter and mix until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
Keeping the hand mixer on low, add in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl between additions. Slowly pour in the milk and vanilla extract until combined. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes or until the batter is smooth. With a spatula, fold in the marshmallows.
Fill the liners ⅔ full and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the centers are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before adding truffles and ice cream.
Lucky Charm buttercream truffles
In a large bowl, mix very softened butter, flour, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts and marshmallows. Roll them into little balls and chill in freezer safe container for 4-6 hours.
Once cupcakes have cooled, using a paring knife cut a hole in the center of each cupcake and put chilled truffle in center.
- Yields 24 standard cupcakes.
- Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
- Once ice cream on top, serve right away.
Serving: 24peopleCalories: 253kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 4gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 168mgPotassium: 51mgFiber: 1gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 421IUCalcium: 54mgIron: 1mg