Best Ever Banana Bread
This banana bread is so sweet and moist with every bite. A wonderful old fashioned recipe that I just had to share.
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup buttermilk, plus 1 tbsp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
Preheat oven o 350°. Grease the bread pan with crisco and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sifted flour, granulated sugar, salt and baking soda and set aside.
In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, mashed up bananas, vegetable oil, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Add to the flour mixture and stir with spoon until well combined. At this point you fold in nuts if you are using in recipe.
Pour into the greased bread pan and bake for ab hour and 20 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool on a wire rack. Slice and enjoy!
- I did not use any nuts in my recipe as my kids are too picky with that kind of stuff, but from past recipes I have tried, I feel like walnuts are the best choice
- I did not have buttermilk on hand, but I made my own by combining one cup of 2% milk with 1 tbsp of white vinegar, you can also use 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Store in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Serving: 12peopleCalories: 331kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 5gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 223mgPotassium: 111mgFiber: 2gSugar: 25gVitamin A: 59IUCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg