I have to say the 326,578,22 recipes I have tried for chocolate chip cookies out there, this is BY FAR my favorite. The ultimate double chocolate chip cookie really lives up to its name!
Each bite is filled with so much chocolate that it will leave your taste buds wanting more. This cookie offers a little crunch on the outside but has a moist chewy center. OMG, I am literally salivating seeing the picture and I had to go an eat one while I was blogging about it!
Loving chocolate is not for the faint of heart. I adore anything that has chocolate in it, on it, around it, literally anything. Thank God I am not allergic to it! You should also check out my Chocolate fudge pudding cake if you want another chocolate fix!
Ingredients and substitutions
These cookies are easy to make and are bursting at the seams with chocolate flavor!
- Chocolate chips: I used two packages of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- All-purpose flour: provides the structure for this cookie. Bread flour will work to create a more chewy cookie.
- Vanilla extract
- Unsalted butter
Tips and tricks
- Make sure to melt one bags of chocolate chips and fold in batter. Then, fold in the rest of the non melted chocolate chips.
- Always measure and level your flour. If too much flour is added, it will lead to a more dense cookie.
- Use a cookie scoop to measure the right amount of dough placed on the baking sheet to ensure more even baking.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week at room temperature.
How to make the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
There are two things that make this cookie "ultimate". Number one, the melted chocolate that is folded in to the batter along with the actual chocolate chips. Plus the love that goes into the labor making them!
The recipe is not a difficult one. Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside. In a small pot, put 2 cups of chocolate chips and heat on medium to melt down. In a large mixing bowl, blend together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
Once that is mixed well, pour in melted chocolate. Then gradually add in dry ingredients. Lastly, stir in remaining 2 cups of chocolate chips. Drop on cookie sheet with cookie scoop and bake at 375 for 8-9 minutes. Cool completely and then serve!
A double chocolate cookie dough is flavored with extra cocoa powder or additional melted chocolate.
Yes to both. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw before baking.
Chocolate cookies to enjoy!
- Christmas chocolate cookies
- Pan-banging chocolate chip cookies
- Monster cookies skillet
- Dark chocolate cookies
Double chocolate chip cookies
- Electric mixer with beaters
- Home Decor
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 3 cookie sheets
- 1 sauce pot
- 4 cups chocolate chips 2 12 oz packages
- 2⅔ cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter room temperature, 2 sticks
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, into medium bowl. Set aside.
- Melt 2 cups of chocolate chip morsels over medium/low heat in sauce pot.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla and mix well in a large mixing bowl. Add in one egg at a time and mix until well combine.
- MIx in melted chocolate and slowly add dry ingredients.
- Lastly fold in rest of chocolate chips. Drop a tablespoon on a baking sheet and put in oven and bake for 8-9 minutes until golden brown on top. Yields about 5-6 dozen.
- Store cookies for up to a week in an airtight container.
- Freeze cookies for up to 3 months.
Fun fact of the day!
The man who invented the modern Frisbee was cremated and turned into a frisbee.
Well......that's all I am going to say about that one (in my best Forest Gump voice)!
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.