We all know about the fun videos Tiktok creators make, but the best ones are when recipes go viral! Especially the famous cookie monster cookies! Cookie monster is a fan favorite and these cookies would make him very happy!
A super oversized soft blue cookie that is filled with milk and white chocolate chips and then stuffed with Hershey chocolate bars! Yes please!
I have been waiting for the moment to make a Sesame Street themed cookie. When I was 4 years old, my sister and I were the only brave souls to go up on stage at Sesame Street live and bring Cookie monster his cookies he was asking for! So why not do him proud with this viral sensation. The best part is that I get to share them with my kiddos and I hope they can appreciate the jingle, "C" is for cookie, that's good enough for me."
Ingredients and substitutions
- All-purpose flour
- Unsalted butter: Can use crisco butter flavored shortening as well.
- Milk chocolate chips: substitute with semi-sweet or even dark chocolate chips.
- White chocolate chips: mini marshmallows can be used as well.
- Blue food coloring: gel works best as it does not change the texture or taste of the cookie.
- Brown sugar: Light or dark
Time needed: 25 minutes.
Instructions on how to make cookie monster
- Prepare cookie sheets
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Break up two Hershey candy bars and set aside.
- Whisk dry ingredients together
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Mix together the wet ingredients.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and both eggs until well combined. Add in blue food coloring until the Cookie Monster color is achieved!
- Combine dry and wet ingredients.
Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until completely incorporated. Add in 2% milk until combined. Fold in both milk and white chocolate chips.
- Chill dough
Form cookie dough into 10 large balls and place 2 Hershey bars in the center of each and fold over. Chill in the fridge for a minimum of two hours.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cookie is a slight golden color around the edges. Cool on baking sheet and enjoy!
- Size of the cookies: You can make as regular size cookies and stuff with only one square of Hershey chocolate. Bake times will vary.
- Add in mini chocolate chip cookies: Use little Famous Amos cookies and put on top of each cookie.
- Use candy eyes: to make it look more like a Cookie monster character.
Once the reach an internal temp of 165 degrees F. Or, when they are golden brown around the edges.
Yes, make them all the way up the chilling phase and then cover in put in fridge for 2 days. The cookie dough freezes nicely for up to 2 months.
Cookie monster cookies
- 1 Electric mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Silicon Spatula
- 2 Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon blue food coloring gel
- 2 bars Hershey chocolate
Cookie monster cookies
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Break up 2 Hershey bars into squares.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and both eggs mixing well after each addition. Add in blue food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add in 2 tablespoon of 2% milk and mix until completely incorporated. Fold in both milk and white chocolate chips.
- Form large dough balls and stuff about 2 Hershey bars in each. Chill dough for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° when ready to bake. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- Store cookie in airtight container for 5-7 days at room temperature.
Cookies to enjoy!
Fun fact of the day!
Apples are very effective of waking you up in the morning!