Happy Mother’s Day out there to all the bad ass mama’s that deserve this title! These Strawberry Shortbread Cookie cups are a dessert that moms all around the world would love. They are a sugar cookie cup that has a sweet whipped cream cheese filling and topped off with fresh diced strawberries. I absolutely love strawberries and you can’t go wrong with desserts that are filled with this wonderful fruit. I know that I will be having one of these doo-dads tonight after my wonderful Hibachi dinner that I am going to cook!
This recipe, unlike my last post, is very simple and something that can be whipped up in a jiffy! There isn’t a long list of ingredients and most you may have on hand at home. But this ingredient list isn’t going to require multiple shopping trips during this pandemic!
For the Shortbread Cookie Cup:
1. Unsalted butter
2. Granulated sugar
4. Vanilla extract
5. All-purpose flour
For the Whipped Cream Cheese Filling:
1. Whipping Cream
2. Cream Cheese
3. Confectioner’s Sugar
4. Vanilla Extract
5. Fresh Diced Strawberries
Alternatives and Substitutions
- For the sugar cookie/shortbread you can use the store bought Pillsbury Sugar cookie dough if you don’t want to make from scratch. To also make the base more cake like, you can use a yellow cake mix as well.
- You can substitute a mini muffin pan if you want more than 12 of these cookie cups.
- If you aren’t into making your own whipped cream, you certainly could buy the store bought to fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- I used my large reusable Wilton piping bag with the large round tip, but you could also just scoop the cream cheese mixture into the cookie cups yourself.
Can I make the Strawberry Shortbread Cookie cups ahead of time?
Why yes, yes you can! You can make them a couple of days in advance and store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
If you would like to make them even earlier, you can actually store them in the freezer! The cream cheese filling can be made up to 2 days in advance and store in the refrigerator. Just assemble the cookie cups right before serving, and you have an easy dessert!
Strawberry Shortbread Cookie Cups
- Oster electric hand mixer
- Home Decor
- 1 Standard cupcake pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Piping bag with large round tip
Shortbread cookie cup
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Cream cheese filling
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries diced
Shortbread Cookie cup
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease 1 standard size muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and salt and beat until well combined. Add the flour and beat until incorporated and a dough has formed.
- Divide dough between muffin cups and press down to mold dough to pan. Bake cookies between 15-18 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes in the pan and transfer to a cool wiring rack for complete cooling.
Cream cheese whipped filling
- Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Add in the whipped cream and beat until well combined.
- Pipe filling into cups and top with diced strawberries. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
Fun Fact of the day!
In the United States alone, around 122 million phone calls are made to moms on Mother’s Day! So if you haven’t already, be sure to give your mom a jingle!!!
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.