You're not you when hungry, so have a Snickers. However, have a Snickers cheesecake bar instead! These are literally the most devilish little dessert bars. Instead of an entire cheesecake, I put my favorite candy bar on this planet into cheesecake bars. It is the best go to candy bar that is filled with chocolate, caramel nougat, and salty peanuts. How can one not love them?
A thick and creamy cheesecake filling that is loaded with snickers, caramel bits, and chocolate chips all on top of an Oreo crust. These bars can even turn a non cheesecake lover into one with just one single bite! In addition, they don't take much time to make and will be the perfect dessert to bring to your next party!
Ingredients and substitutions
These snickers cheesecake bars are so full of sweet goodness and calories! However, they are worth every bite.
- Oreo cookies: they are what make the crust so delicious and compliment the cheesecake filling well. Other chocolate wafer cookies will work as well.
- Cream cheese: the staple to the entire filling.
- Snickers bars: Need I say more? The best candy bar on the planet! I used the original fun sized ones, but I am sure the other flavors would also make these bars just as delicious!
- Caramel bits: These enhance more of the caramel flavor in the bar itself.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: milk chocolate chips can be substituted as well.
How to make Snickers cheesecake bars
First, preheat the oven. Line the 8x8 pan with foil or parchment so you have overhand on the sides. Set aside. Chop up snickers.
Second, in a food processor, pulse down the chocolate Oreo wafers into a crumb mixture. Place the crumbs in a bowl with the melted butter and combine. Press firmly in the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes and then let cool.
Third, cream together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg until smooth. Fold in snickers, caramel bits, and chocolate chips. Layer on top of cooled Oreo crust.
Fourth, bake for 30-35 minutes or until filling is set or edges are golden brown. Let cool at room temp for 30 minutes. Transfer to fridge to complete cooling for an additional 3-6 hours.
Lastly, remove from fridge, lift out bars from pan and cut using one of these methods! Serve and then enjoy!
What makes these bars so awesome!
- They are rich, thick, creamy, and full of calories (my favorite part)
- Perfect for the kids and easy to make
- They will not last long at any party because they are just that good
- Have a buttery Oreo crust that is to die for!
- My husband will actually eat them because they are in the cheesecake family!
How do I know when these bars are done?
Knowing when cheesecake is done or set can be tricky! Let me tell you, I have messed up several cheesecake recipes in my day!
However, there are two ways to check:
- The wobble test: the center should be slightly jiggly. The bars will continue to cook as it cools. Cool for additional 30 minutes and then refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Instant read thermometer: The internal temperature should read between 180-190 degrees F.
- Make this recipe into a large cheesecake versus the bars.
- Add in more peanuts and drizzle caramel on top.
These bars are best eaten right away, but will stay fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Snickers cheesecake bars
- Electric mixer
- 8x8 baking pan
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Food processor
- 25 Oreos
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter
Snicker Cheesecake filling
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups snickers chopped, fun size
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup caramel bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8x8 baking pan with either aluminum foil or parchment paper with enough overhang on the sides. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse down the Oreos into a fine crumb mixture. Melt the unsalted butter and put in a mixing bowl with the Oreo crumbs and combine. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press firmly and evenly into the pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes and allow to cool. Chop up the snickers into pieces.
Snicker cheesecake filling
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, vanilla, egg and sugar until smooth and creamy. Fold in the snickers chunks, caramel bits, and chocolate chips and spread mixture over the cooled crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the cheesecake has set. Cool for 30-40 minutes at room temperature and then place in the fridge for an additional three hours. Lift the foil or parchment paper out of the pan and cut into even squares. Serve and enjoy!
- No bake passion fruit cheesecake bars
- Biscoff cheesecake
- Pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap crust
- Guava cheesecake
Fun fact of the day!
Snickers bars were named after a horse!