Hey, over here, IHOP and waffle house...... I am taking applications for your next amazing breakfast dessert. Introducing waffles with raspberries and cream. Golden yellow cake layers stacked in between fresh raspberry jam and sweet whipped cream cheese and topped with raspberries.
Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin! Nonetheless, this is not hard to make and your kids will thank you, but your hips won't!
Even though this breakfast dessert looks very intimidating, just know it takes little to no time at all! Grab a reliable Belgian waffle maker, spatula and your ingredients and this all can be made within 15-20 minutes.
- Yellow cake mix
- Granulated sugar
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
Step by step instructions
- Start with the waffles: Preheat the waffle maker. Spray with non-stick spray. Make the yellow cake mix as directed on the box. Fill the waffle maker with about 1 cup of batter and prepare waffles. Remove when desired color is reached. Let them cool completely on a wire rack before assembling.
- Make the raspberry jam: In a small saucepan, heat one medium one pint of raspberries, lemon juice, sugar and honey. Heat until you reach a slight boil, add the cornstarch and let it simmer until it thickens. Cool and set aside.
- Make Whipped cream cheese: With an electric mixer on medium, mix cream cheese, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Set aside. Mix the heavy cream on medium high until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture and set aside until ready for assembly.
- Assemble and garnish: You literally just sandwich it all together. Place a waffle on a cake stand or platter. Add some raspberry jam, top with whipped cream cheese, then another waffle. Repeat until all waffles are added. Put the last bit of whipped cream cheese on top and garnish with fresh raspberries.
Substitutions and variations
- Use the funfetti cake mix instead of yellow and garnish with whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Use a chocolate cake mix, fill the layers with whipped chocolate frosting and garnish with raspberry.
- Vanilla cake mix with whipped chocolate ganache or even strawberry whipped frosting.
- Add different fruits and spreads to the waffles such as mixed berries or jams!
Frequently asked questions
Belgian waffles are thicker and have extra deep pockets to hold more filling!
Waffles with raspberries
- Waffle maker
- Electric hand mixer
- Home Decor
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Silicon Spatula
- Small saucepan
Waffle cake stack
- 1 box yellow cake mix Duncan Hines
- 1 pint raspberries fresh
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Whipped cream cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese block, softened
- 5 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the waffle iron to desired temperature. Spray with non-stick spray. Mix yellow cake mix batter according to directions on the box.
- Pour 1 cup into waffle maker until each waffle is done (machine will let you know what they are ready). Batter will make 7-8 waffles. Set aside until cooled completely.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, combine the fresh raspberries, lemon juice, granulated sugar, and honey. Stir until sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Add in cornstarch and simmer until jam has thickened. Set aside.
Whipped cream cheese
- In a large mixing bowl on with electric mixer on medium speed, mix together the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and salt until smooth and creamy.
- In a medium mixing bowl, with electric mixer and whisk attachment, mix the heavy cream together until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and set aside.
- Between each layer add the fresh raspberry jam and then whipped cream cheese. Stack until waffles are all layered. On top of the cake, add more whipped cream cheese and fresh raspberries. Serve and enjoy!
Delicious recipes to try!
Fun fact of the day!
When taken in large doses, nutmeg works as an hallucinogen! Wow, why would one want to ingest that much nutmeg!
Leave a Reply