Welcome my first pumpkin dessert of the fall ya'll! Pumpkin cream cheese bread is actually one spiced pumpkin dessert that I may actually eat. Other ones are kind of iffy in my book as I have never liked the taste of anything pumpkin. However, it doesn't mean that I don't want you guys to make it! It is the perfect grab and go breakfast or snack.
A super duper moist spiced pumpkin bread swirled with cream cheese throughout the entire loaf. My kiddos got off the bus and came in the house and said "What is the awesome smell?"It was perfect timing for this bread to be done right after school, because they are coming home STARVING! The kind of starving like they never got fed at school starving. Do any other moms have this problem, or is it just me?
Although I am not a pumpkin dessert connoisseur (hard to spell, and I am awesome at spelling), I enjoyed this smell in my house and the feeling of fall outside. The cool, crisp mornings and balmy afternoons are here and the colors of the leaves are a changin! I am welcoming this dessert with open arms!
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Libby's pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice: I used my own homemade spice which is cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, all spice, and cloves. However, if you don't have all the spices in your cabinet, just use store bought pumpkin pie spice.
Tips for the making the best pumpkin bread
- Do not over mix the batter. The bread will be really dense and chewy.
- Never remove a bread too early from he oven during baking. If removed too early, the bread will sink in the middle.
- Cream cheese should be room temperature and softened before making the filling. If it is still cold, your cream cheese filling will be lumpy.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge because of the cream cheese filling.
How to make a pumpkin cream cheese bread
Making this pumpkin cream cheese bread is actually very simple and the prep work is so easy. Waiting for the moist bread to come out of the oven is the longest part!
First, prep the oven and 9x5 loaf pan and set aside. In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese filling and set aside.
Second, whisk all the wet ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Next, add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Third, pour batter into prepared loaf pan and spread in an even layer, add cream cheese layer on top, and then add the rest of the pumpkin bread batter.
Lastly, bake for 45-50 minutes or until tooth pick inserted into the center comes out completely clean. Cool in pan for 20 minutes and then invert it and complete cooling before slicing. Once cool, slice, serve, and enjoy!
Variations and substitutions
- Add in chocolate chips or nuts for a more festive bread!
- Make this recipe into standard or mini muffins if desired.
- Substitute coconut oil with other vegetable or canola oil.
If you remove the bread from the oven too early, the middle of the bread will be runny.
Pumpkin Cream cheese bread
- Electric mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 9x5 loaf pan
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice homemade
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
Cream cheese filling
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pumpkin cream cheese bread
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the both sugars, egg, vegetable oil, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until just combined.
- In a small mixing bowl with an electric mixer, mix all the filling ingredients together and set aside.
- Transfer ⅔ of the pumpkin bread batter to the loaf pan and spread evenly. Pour the cream cheese filling on top of the bread layer.
- Using a spatula, pour the remaining layer of pumpkin bread layer on top and cover the cream cheese as best as you can. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 20 minutes before inverting to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Breads that are amazing!
Fun fact of the day!
Rabbits like licorice. Just in case you wanted to get them a snack!