It's another fall dessert, Buckle up! Crisp pumpkin spice cookies! Yum!
These cookies have the buttery vanilla taste of a blondie with the crunch of a cookie. Put in the sweet pumpkin morsels and you have a perfect fall sweet treat! This one may make it to the menu this year on Thanksgiving!
- All-purpose flour
- Brown sugar: light or dark
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter: Vegetable shortening can be used as well
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- Baking powder and soda
- Nestle pumpkin truffles/morsels
Step by step instructions
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set two baking cookies sheets aside. Next, whisk all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
Second, with an electric hand mixer cream the butter and sugars together. Add in the eggs and vanilla and blend completely.
Third, add the flour mixture into the wet batter and mix on medium-high until just incorporated. Pour in pumpkin morsels and mix on low until combined. Chill the dough for an hour in the refrigerator.
Fourth, take ¼ to ⅓ cup of the batter and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for up to 25 minutes until ridges form around the outside of the blondie cookie and they are slightly golden in color. Cool for 10 minutes on the sheets.
Lastly, transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and tricks
- Both light and dark brown sugar can be used, just know with dark brown sugar you will get a more sweet flavor!
- Vegetable shortening may be substituted for the butter and some people claim that it makes the blondie cookie softer and with a different texture. If you choose to use vegetable shortening in my recipe use ⅔ cup.
- Chilling the dough before baking is a crucial step as it allows for the fat content in the butter to remain chilled. So once baked the cookies will not spread out as much.
- Multiple add-ins can be used for this batter such chocolate, butterscotch, vanilla and peanut butter chips.
Pumpkin recipes to enjoy!
Crisp pumpkin spice cookies
- Electric hand mixer
- 2 baking sheets
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
Crisp pumpkin spice cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ cup sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 9 oz pumpkin chips
Pumpkin blondie cookie
- Preheat oven to 350°. Set two baking sheets aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, with an electric mixer cream together both sugars and butter until creamy. Add in both eggs and vanilla just until incorporated.
- Add in the flour mixture to the batter and combine until just incorporated. Stir in pumpkin morsels. Chill the dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll about ¼ to ⅓ of a cup of batter into a ball and set on cookie sheets. Bake until the ridges are starting to turn a golden brown (25 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for about 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let them cool completely (30 minutes). Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week
Pumpkin desserts to enjoy
Fun fact of the day!
Apparently pumpkin spice has absolutely nothing to do with pumpkins.