What a sweet and lovable face! It was no wonder why I wanted to make her these easy apple peanut butter dog biscuits. She literally goes cuckoo for cocoa puffs over these! These biscuits are safe for all her furry friends out there!
Easy to make, nutritious, and perfect for all sizes of doggos out there!
These dog biscuits are super easy to make and contain super healthy ingredients that are safe for your dog to eat. In addition, the flavor is amazing too (yes, we can actually eat these treats too!).
- Whole wheat flour: Is safe for dogs and most healthiest. However, if your pup has a gluten allergy, then I recommend using gluten free flour.
- Apple: I used a Honey crisp apple, but any apple is safe to use. Applesauce may be used as well.
- Peanut butter: creamy is the best option for these treats.
The evolution of Ruby
Ruby came to me at the perfect time of my life. We had just lost our Silver lab Bella in October 2017 and our golden retriever Lucy in July of 2018. Too close if you ask me. My heart was super heavy and I felt that something was just missing. My husband claimed that " We are never getting another dog". Well...... Ruby came in October of 2018. All 8 lbs of her charcoal lab self. She made my heart whole again.
Expert tips and tricks
- Score the dog treats down the center before baking so it makes it easier to break the treat up for dogs with special needs, smaller breeds, or overweight dogs
- Measuring ingredients is important for the success on these dog treats
- If you want a more crispy treat, leave treats in the oven for an additional 30 minutes with oven off and door cracked.
- Use all sorts of different cookie cutter shapes for your treats.
How to make the apple peanut butter dog treats
These biscuits are super easy to make and this recipe makes about 3 oz of biscuits.
First, in a large bowl, add your whole wheat flour, grated apple, oil, eggs, peanut butter baking soda and cinnamon. Mix with an electric mixer until well combined. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Second, roll out dough on a floured flat surface. You will have to knead a little bit because the dough will be a little sticky. Once it is kneaded, roll it out with rolling pin and cut out bone shapes with a dog bone cookie cutter. Cut out shapes and place on prepared baking sheets.
Lastly, bake bones for 20 minutes. Once completely cooled you can store them in an airtight container in fridge for up to 2 months. In a deep freezer for up to 8 months.
Yes, although it may be safe for the dogs, there is still gluten in the AP flour. If you know your dog is sensitive to gluten, avoid.
Flour is the main ingredient in dog treats. See this link for more info.
Quick treat recipes to enjoy!
Easy apple peanut butter dog biscuits
- Electric mixer with beaters
- Home Decor
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Rolling pin
- Dog biscuit cookie cutter
- Kids plastic medicine measuring cup (used as a cookie cutter)
- 2 baking sheets
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 honeycrisp apple grated, any apple will work
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grate large apple and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and mix with electric mixer until completely combined.
- Take out of mixing bowl and place on a floured surface. Knead until the dough is no longer sticky. Roll batter out in a thin layer. Use cookie cutters and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Take out of oven and place in a jar or bag.
Storing dog biscuits
- In an air tight container, store in fridge for 2 months or in deep freezer for up to 8 months.
Fun fact of the day!
111,111,111 x 111,111,111= 12,345,678,987,654,321
I would really hate to figure this out under the common core system! All you parents out there will agree with me on this one! Can I get an AMEN!
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Keep functioning ,impressive job!
Dog Rescues Near Me
I have visit your page, it realy great information for new commer, Thanks