Who is in desperate need of a sweet and salty combo dessert? Maybe that time of the month calls for it? Well, your in luck ladies and anyone for that matter, for my peanut butter cup and pretzel terrine! It is creamy vanilla ice cream layered between peanut butter cups and then topped with salty pretzels!
A super simple dessert to make which can be put together in about 20 minutes. The only time consuming part of this dessert is the freeze time required before serving! But I promise, no one will be disappointed taking a bite out of this terrine!
What is a terrine?
A terrine is an ice cream dessert that is served in layers or ice cream, molded in a bowl or a pan. The options for this dessert are endless! Many varieties of ice cream have been used along with toppings that pair well. No two pieces will look alike when sliced.
I used creamy vanilla ice cream, peanut butter cups and pretzels because the sweet and salty combination really hit the spot this week. A 9x5 loaf pan was used, but a bowl can be used as well to create a "bomb" shape.
This dessert will be served tonight as we celebrate the opening game for our hometown Brew Crew! Hell, it may be one of the only games we get to watch before COVID takes over again!
ingredients for the peanut butter cup terrine
This recipe is so simple and not time consuming at all! It only requires three ingredients and takes 15 minutes to make.
- Kroger Artisan Vanilla ice cream: Many other varieties of store bought vanilla ice cream are available, but this what was on sale this week! Nevertheless, you could also make your own homemade version as well.
- Reese's Peanut butter cups: I prefer these and don't know of any other brands that are as good as Reese's!
- Pretzels: I bought Snyder's but any brand would do. I don't recommend the thick pretzel sticks as they won't chop up well for the topping!
How to make a peanut butter cup and pretzel terrine
First, spray your 9x5 loaf pan with non stick spray and line it with parchment paper. Leave enough overhang of the parchment paper when want to remove it from the pan. Set aside. Chop up pretzels and peanut butter cups and set aside.
Second layer the bottom of your pan with with the vanilla ice cream using a spatula to make it even as possible. Layer the middle with peanut butter cups and then add on the rest of the vanilla ice cream.
Lastly, top the terrine with chopped pretzels and put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Slice and enjoy!
Watch video below on how to assemble the peanut butter cup and pretzel terrine!
Peanut butter cup and pretzel terrine
- 1 9x5 bread loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Non-stick spray
- Silicon Spatula
- 1 gal Vanilla ice cream softened
- 1 cup pretzels chopped up
- 1½ cups peanut butter cups
- Grease a 9x5 bread loaf pan with non stick spray and line with parchment paper. Be sure to leave an overhang of parchment on both sides. Chop up both pretzels and peanut butter cups.
- Press half of the vanilla ice cream at the bottom of the loaf pan, top with peanut butter cups, and then spread remaining ice cream on top. Layer the top with chopped up pretzels.
- Freeze until firm for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days. Remove from pan and slice.
- Can store in the freezer for up to 6 weeks.
MOre summer time recipes
- Rocky road ice cream sandwiches
- Fourth of July pancake cereal
- Fourth of July Sconuts
- No bake dragonfruit cheesecake
Fun fact of the day!
The first Nike shoe was created on a waffle iron! This stuff literally kills me!