This oatmeal raisin cookie with spanish peanuts and peanut butter is a classic. It is packed full of peanuts, raisins, peanut butter and oatmeal. It gives you the best of sweet and savory together. Who doesn’t ever get a sweet and salty craving? Oooo oooo, me, I do!
Another one of my desserts that you can’t just have one of are my ice box cookies! So please check them out if you like anything nutty!
This cookie brings back the fondest memories of my childhood. My mom always made these and I can still remember the smell lingering in the kitchen when coming home from school. They were the perfect after school snack! I would grab a handful of them, sit down with my Rainbow Brite TV tray (yes I am that old) and watch TV. These cookies are comparable to Lays potato chips, you can’t just have one.
When I got to my teenage years, my mom taught me how to make these bad boys. All three of my kids gobble these up in minutes. Of course these cookies are not considered healthy by any means, but they are packed full of protein. The raisins just give that added sweetness!
How to make these cookies
These cookies are no big deal! They start out somewhat like a traditional oatmeal raisin cookie by creaming the butter and sugar together. However with this recipe you add my favorite Jif peanut butter. The add the eggs one at a time and be sure to mix well.
Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Then you add milk. Be sure to mix well and you will notice that is where things get sticky, but that is how it is supposed to be so don’t be alarmed.
Lastly, fold in the raisins, oatmeal and peanuts (these are last). Oven times will vary and I baked them for only 12 minutes and wait five minutes for them to cool down. They will be golden brown around the edges.
I promise that first bite of the Oatmeal raisin cookie with spanish peanuts and peanut butter, will not be your last.
Oatmeal raisin cookie with spanish peanuts and peanut butter
- Electric mixer with beaters
- Home Decor
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
- ⅓ Cup Peanut Butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ¾ Oatmeal Not Instant oats
- 2 Cups raisins
- 2 Cups Flour
- ½ tbsp baking soda
- ⅓ milk I used 2%
- 1 Cup Spanish salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a hand mixer cream butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar until well blended.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt and mix well. Add in milk until well blended. Dough may be sticky.
- Mix in oatmeal until well blended. Fold in raisins and peanuts last with spatula.
- Drop small spoonfuls onto parchment paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cookies should be golden brown.
- These cookies stored in an airtight container can last up to about 5 days.
- In the freezer they can last up to 3 months
Fun fact of the day!
Elephants can’t jump! Well, imagine that one!
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participate in the Amazon Services LLC Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a meansfor us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.