Mint Oreo Truffles are next on the list! Number one, they are simple and only have 3 ingredients. Number two, they are so minty and sweet and had to be on my blog! Current mood screamed anything minty flavored!
These truffles are soft, sweet and the mint flavor is out of this world. Did I mention they smell really good when placed in your fridge. My hubby was raving about that! Pop one or many in your mouth and enjoy. Bring to any holiday party and the guests won’t be mad you brought these truffles!
Mint Oreo Truffles
A truffle is a bite sized chocolate confection. Usually consisting of chocolate and heavy cream, but have been formed and shaped in several different ways. Dust in cocoa powder or drizzle nuts on top and you have a truffle!
However, these Mint Oreo truffles have only three ingredients to them and are super simple to make!
- Mint Oreo Cookies: Regular Oreo cookies can be substituted as well. But this gives the cake like texture inside of the truffle. In addition, leftover Girl Scout thin mint cookies would taste great as well!
- Cream Cheese: In this recipe, this is what holds the entire truffle together.
- Andes Mints: Semi-sweet or even dark chocolate can be used to coat the truffles as well. By using both mint Oreos and Andes chocolates, that mint flavor was enhanced!
Tips and tricks
Aforementioned, Mint Oreo truffles are simple to make. Follow these tips below to ensure your success!
- Either use your hands to mix the Oreo Mixture and cream cheese together, or an electric mixer if you don’t want the mess!
- When melting chocolate, it is best to microwave on a low setting for 30 second intervals or high setting for 20 second intervals. Stir in between. Once completely melted, let chocolate sit for a minute because microwaved food continues to cook. Dip chocolate balls in after it has cooled.
- You can place Oreo cookies in a bag and smash with a meat tenderizer, however, this will take extra time. Nevertheless, using a food processor is much quicker.
- When dipping truffles in the melted chocolate, use a fork to scoop up. Don’t pierce the dough as truffle will fall apart.
How to store Truffles
These Mint Oreo truffles need to be refrigerated because of cream cheese. Nonetheless, they will stay fresh if properly wrapped for up to 3 weeks.
Place these truffles in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 4 months. However, when thawing place in the fridge before serving!
How to make Mint Oreo truffles
Mint Oreo truffles are simple and can be made all within an hour!
- Make cookie dough batter: Pulse Oreos in food processor and add in softened cream cheese. Roll into balls.
- Freeze dough balls: Freeze the dough balls for at least 30 minutes.
- Dip: Dip frozen cookie dough balls into melted chocolate and let harden in fridge.
- Decorate and Serve: Drizzle green chocolate melts or almond bark that has been dyed green over tops of truffles! Serve and enjoy!
Chocolate dessert recipes!
Mint oreo truffles
- Mixing bowls
- Parchment paper
- Plate and baking sheet
- Food processor
Mint Oreo Truffles
- 20 oz Oreos Pulsed
- 1 8oz cream cheese softened
- 12 oz Andes mints Melted
- 2 oz White chocolate Melted
- Green food coloring Gel
Mint Oreo truffles
- Line a plate or a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a food processor, pulse down Mint Oreos until they are a fine crumb mixture. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Add in the softened cream cheese to the Oreo mixture. Mix by hand until everything is combined. Roll into balls. Place balls on prepared baking sheet or paper and put in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt Andes chocolate in a microwavable bowl in 30 second increments until completely melted. Remove dough balls from freezer and with dip each ball in the chocolate and cover it. Remove with a fork. Set back on baking sheet. Repeat with all the dough balls. Set in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Melt almond bark in another microwavable bowl in 30 second increments until completely melted. Add in gel green food coloring until desired color is reached. Remove balls from fridge. Place green almond bark in a piping bag with a small round tip and drizzle over chocolate mint balls. Add other sprinkles if you desire. Serve and enjoy!
fun fact of the day!
Fir trees can grow in the human lungs. Huh?