Sharing is delicious! Calling all 80’s mom’s out there as this was said by one of my favorite cartoon characters, Strawberry Shortcake This my friends are mini strawberry crunch bundt cakes. The cake is strawberry and is it covered in a sweet cookie coating. Best served with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. It is as amazing as it looks.
Surviving the Corona Apocalypse
So as we all know the Corona Virus is spreading across the US like wildfire, but I am taking full advantage of the quarantine 15! Let us bakers bake and get all fat and sassy (well said by cute lady on TV).
This spring like weather makes me think of fresh fruit. Since I have strawberry fever, I decided to make these mini bundt cakes. This dessert is sweet and light and could even be served during Easter. However, my guess is that we may still be quarantined to our homes, so I won’t be able to share with the family! For the love of all that is holy, please end this hell of my children being indoors!!!!
How to make the Mini strawberry crunch bundt cake: steps
The Strawberry mini bundt cake
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray your Williams and Sonoma mini bundt pan with non stick spray. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, with an electric hand mixer, blend together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add in your eggs (room temperature) one at a time until incorporated. Then, put in 1 cup of flour at a time alternating with the warm milk until creamy. Lastly, fold in vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sour cream. Be sure to mix until there are no streak left of the sour cream.
Split the batter between two mixing bowls. In one bowl add in your Wilton red gel food coloring and strawberry extract. Using a small ice cream scooper, alternate layering the mini bundt molds with the strawberry and white cake batter. Take a knife or toothpick and swirl to make the batter marbleize. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until cake tester or toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely and transfer to a wire rack.
Strawberry Crunch topping
This step was pretty simple and what comes out of it is even more amazing. In a food processor, pulse your golden Oreos and freeze dried strawberries. Transfer crumbs to a bowl and add in melted butter. Fold in melted butter until you get medium sized crumbs. Set aside.
The purposes of the icing in this recipe is to hold the crunch topping on the mini bundt cakes. But is does also offer amazing flavor.
In a medium mixing bowl, blend your softened butter and confectioner’s sugar together. Add in your milk 1 tbsp at a time, along with your vanilla extract and salt. The desired consistency should be thicker because crunch topping won’t stick as well if frosting is thinner.
Using a flat spatula, layer frosting all over each mini cake. With your hand, press crunch topping all over cake until completely covered. Serve with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
Alternatives for the cake
This mini bundt cake can be served as a strawberry shortcake as well. My kiddos prefer it this way as they are crazy over whipped cream. They actually eat it straight out the can! I used can whipped cream, but you could also make your own and even flavor it as well.
Mini Strawberry crunch bundt cakes
- Oster electric hand mixer
- Home Decor
- 1 mini bundt pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Silicon Spatula
- Small ice cream scooper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Food processor
Strawberry mini bundt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened 2 sticks
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup warm milk 35 seconds in microwave
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1½ tbsp strawberry extract
- red gel food coloring
Strawberry Crunch topping
- 20 Golden Vanilla Oreos
- 1 oz freeze dried strawberries
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tbsp 2% milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Strawberry Mini Bundt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray mini bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the butter and the granulated sugar together using a handheld mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time being sure to blend each one into the batter.
- Add the flour a cup at a time alternating with the warm milk. Mix until creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sour cream. Mix just until no streaks are left from the sour cream.
- Remove 2½ cups of the batter into a separate bowl and add the strawberry extract and red gel food coloring. Using a small ice cream scooper, layer the mini bundt molds with both cake batters. Only fill about ⅔ full. Use a knife or a large toothpick and swirl until the batter marbelizes. Bake for 15-17 minutes (oven temps vary). A toothpick or cake tested should come out clean. Allow the cakes to cool completely and transfer to wire rack.
Strawberry Crunch topping
- Add the golden oreos and freeze dried strawberries in a food processor. Pulse the mixture until crumbly.
- Pour into a bowl and add the melted butter and mix until medium crumbs form. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter and confectioner's sugar. Mix well. Add the milk a tbsp at a time until you get the desired consistency. Add the vanilla extract and salt and blend well. Apply to each mini bundt cake being sure to coat evenly. Pat the strawberry crumbs around each cake. Continue to use the crumbs that fall off the cake until they are completely covered. Serve with whipped cream and strawberries.
- Store cakes in an airtight container for 2 days.
- Store in freezer for 3 months.
Fun fact of the day!
Banging your head against the wall for one hour burns 150 calories! Exactly what I am going to resort to if this Corona Apocalypse doesn’t end soon!
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.