Hey ya’ll I am back! I am not going to lie, it was nice to have a week off, but I missed blogging! Hot chocolate bombs are what is the new dealee-o and are what’s next on my list this week!
A chocolate ball loaded with hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, and sprinkles all inside. The options are endless! Pour that hot milk over the top of one of these and watch the magic unfold! Yum!
Where did the Hot chocolate bomb originate?
Multiple flavors of hot chocolate have been used along with several varieties of chocolate. Add the sprinkles or any extra goodie inside of your liking and drink away! A sweet hot drink such as these are perfect for these upcoming winter months!
Tools needs for hot chocolate bombs
The greatest part of making hot chocolate bombs are there are not that many tools needed to make them. However, getting the perfect mold sent to you on time is another story!
Ingredients for hot chocolate bombs
- Chocolate: White, milk or dark
- Hot chocolate mix: Homemade works well too!
- Marshmallows: Rainbow or mini
- Sprinkles or mini chocolate chips
- Food coloring
Tips for success
- Be sure to have the right mold: Silicon works the best but does takes longer.
- Have the right thermometer to make sure the temperature of the chocolate doesn’t go above 90 degrees.
- Be patient, once you get the hang of it they are super easy.
How to make hot chocolate bombs
- Prepare the chocolate and microwave: Chop or place in a microwavable bowl. Heat for 30 second intervals. Stir to chocolate, moving chocolate on the outside, towards the center. Heat for another 30 seconds and stir again. Repeat the process until the chocolate is almost melted, but not fully melted. Just don’t let chocolate go above 90.
- Prepare molds: clean molds out with a wet paper towel and dry off.
- Place chocolate into molds: With the back of your spoon, brush in a thin layer of chocolate and put in the fridge for 5 minutes. Remove and brush another layer of chocolate into the molds (really put up and around the rim of the sphere). Put in fridge for an additional 5 minutes.
- Assembly of the bombs: Take chocolate out of the molds and fill with 1/2 to 1 tbsp of hot chocolate mix (depending on size), marshmallow, and other goodies your want to pile to the top. Take other chocolate shell and place the bottom on a warmed up skillet or place for just about 1 second. Place second sphere on top. Pressing gently to seal. Wipe away excess chocolate and decorate how you want!
- Serve: Place bomb in mug and pour hot milk over to watch the magic happen.
Hot chocolate bombs
- 2 sphere silicon molds
- Hot plate or skillet
- 16 oz white chocolate can use dark and milk chocolate
- green food coloring
- red food coloring
- gold glitter spray
- ⅛ cup sprinkles unicorn, red
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup marshmallows
- 6 tbsp hot chocolate mix
Hot chocolate bombs
- Pour chocolate into microwavable bowl. Place the chocolate in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds intervals. Then stir with a spoon or spatula, moving the chocolate from the outside edges, to the center to evenly heat it.
- Place the chocolate back into the microwave for an additional 30 seconds and stir like in the first step. Be sure that the chocolate does not go above 90° F.
- Repeat the process about 2 more times until the chocolate is almost melted. Once almost melted, just continue stirring until the chocolate is fully melted from the residual heat from the bowl.
- Clean your mold. Make sure the insides are nice and shiny. Paint a thin layer of chocolate using the back of a spoon to the inside of the mold. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes to set.
- Apply a second coat of chocolate, paying special attention to the edges to build them up a bit so the molds have a strong edge. Place the chocolate mold into the fridge to set up for five minutes. After five minutes release your chocolate from the molds and they will be ready to be assembled.
Assembling the hot chocolate bombs
- Set the first half of your chocolate spheres into a bowl or back into the silicon mold to hold it. Fill the chocolate about ¾ of the way up with hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, and sprinkles.
- Take the rest of the chocolate spheres and slightly melt them on a warmed up skillet. Then, place each sphere on top of the other spheres and close the top. Serve into a mug and pour hot milk over them and enjoy!
fun fact of the day!
Hot chocolate is full of antioxidants and great for heart health!