You want to know what your making tonight? Yup, these Easy Chocolate Caramel Brownies. They are packed full of extra sweetness and semi-sweet chocolate chips. The caramel layer puts the gooeyness factor through the roof. Definitely kid approved and super easy.
Another one of my kid approved desserts is the chocolate fudge pudding cake. Anytime ice cream is added to anything chocolate my three rascals go nuts!
A quick weeknight dessert
After finally getting back into the normal groove and routine for the kids this past week after the holidays, I just wanted an easy dessert to make. So I turned to this oldie but goodie. I also was really just craving some brownies and had to get my fix!
These brownies with a big ole’ glass of milk really gives you that after dinner treat you deserve and really satisfies the sweet tooth. My poor dad took about 10 of these babies home today because my mom is on a diet and won’t make any desserts anymore. Kenny just wants some treats! Enjoy Daddy-o. I also gave my father-in-law a few of these and he was more than pleased.
Again, I am paying it forward, even in the small ways. Makes my heart super happy tonight!
These Easy Chocolate Caramel Brownies are kid Friendly!
Ok, Ok, I had to put these two kiddos in here because of course they are super cute, but they also were able to help me make these brownies.
It is a super kid friendly dessert. Norah was easily persuaded to help and has become my side-kick, but Sam on the other hand would rather be playing with his iPad or doing “cooler things” than baking. After all, he is almost 9 and I am becoming less cool these days. Damn Sam, thanks for at least taking the picture and making your big debut on my blog!
How to make the brownies
Its super easy! Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease your Wilton cake pan with non-stick spray or line your cake pan with parchment paper.
Grab a mixing bowl and put your Duncan Hines Fudge brownie mix in. Prepare according to directions on the box. Add in your Ghiardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips (on sale and my FAV). Lastly, add in your 1/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk. Mix together until combined well. Place half of the brownie batter at the bottom on cake pan.
In a microwave safe bowl, put all of the Kraft Caramels (the best ones out there, beat Werther’s anyway) and rest of the sweetened condensed milk. Put in microwave for 1 minute. Take out an stir what you can, it most likely won’t be done yet, so put in another 30-45 seconds. Remove from microwave again and stir until mixture is all melted. Then add the caramel mixture to the cake pan on top of brownie mixture.
Once the caramel mixture is placed on top of the brownie mixture add the rest of the brownie mixture on top of the caramel mixture. Place in oven for about 25-28 minutes. Center should be set and the toothpick should come out clean when brownies are done. Cool for about 30 minutes. Cut into squares. I got about 15 brownies. Serve and Enjoy with the cow juice! I promise you will not be disappointed!
Easy Chocolate Caramel Brownies
- Home Decor
- Measuring cups and spoons
- WIlton 9x13 cake pan
- Non-stick spray
- 1 box Duncan Hines Fudge brownie mix
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk divided
- 1 pkg Kraft caramels
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. Either line a WIlton 9x13 cake pan with parchment paper, foil or use non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the Duncan HInes's fudge brownie mix as directed on the box. You then at in ⅓ of sweetened condensed milk and 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips. Pour half of this mixture into the cake pan. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the Kraft caramels and the rest of the sweetened condensed milk. Melt for 1 minute and take out and stir. If not completely melted, put in for another 30-45 seconds. Take out and stir until combined well.
- Pour melted caramel mixture on top of brownie mixture that is already at the bottom of the pan and then cover with the rest of the brownie mixture once the caramel is in place. Bake in the oven for about 25-28 minutes. Putting a toothpick into center to test and when it comes out clean they are done. Cool for about 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve. Makes about 15.
Fun fact of the Day!
Cap’n crunch’s full name is Horatio Megellan Crunch! Very festive! Definitely not what I would have expected. Love that oh so sweet cereal, every damn flavor!
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.