Ok everyone, I have never made biscotti before and I am sure glad that I made this delicious strawberry biscotti! It really took no time at all and goes so great with the morning cup of coffee. It stays fresh longer than a traditional cookie.
An amazing homemade Italian crunchy cookie filled with sweet and tart strawberries baked until perfectly golden and then drizzled with melted Lindt strawberry chocolate. This cookie is so versatile and truly can be served at breakfast or for a quick snack!
I was at a bakery this past weekend and saw a couple of different flavors of biscotti and that is where my inspiration to make my own came from. So why not share it with you my friends!
Enjoy these other strawberry recipes! Small batch strawberry cupcakes, super easy strawberry jam cake filling, and strawberry powdered sugar donut cake.
Why you will love strawberry biscotti
- Filled with fresh strawberries
- Pretty simple to make
- Its crunch factor is off the charts
- Stay fresh longer than the average cookie, why click here
- All-purpose flour
- Canola oil or vegetable oil
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon juice
- Lindt strawberries and cream chocolate
Step by step instructions
Make the biscotti batter:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Hull and diced fresh strawberries up and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the oil and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
In another small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on medium until incorporated. Fold in fresh strawberries. Don't worry if the dough is thick and sticky.
Bake the biscotti:
Divide the batter into two halves and put both on prepared baking sheet. Shape the batter into a rectangle and make it only about ½ inch thick.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the batter is puffed up and golden in color. Remove from oven and let it cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes.
Cut biscotti into 1 inch thick strips. Add these strips back into the oven until one side is golden in color. Flip the strips over and bake the opposite side until they are golden in color. Remove from oven and cool.
Melt strawberry Lindt chocolate and then drizzle over cooled biscotti. Serve and enjoy!
Substitutions and variations
- Use almond flour to make biscotti
- Add in some pecans or walnuts to enhance flavor
- Different fruits can be added such as blueberries, raspberries and cherries.
- Drizzle different chocolates on top or dip ends in.
Frequently asked questions
Make sure the biscotti is warm and not hot when cutting with serrated knife. If you cut when it is too hot, it will crumble.
Since the cookies are traditionally very hard, they are best served with coffee as aforementioned or with teas. Italians eat them with wine!
Amazing strawberry biscotti
- 1 Electric mixer
- 1 Baking sheets
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- 1 knife
- Parchment paper
- ½ cup canola oil vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberries diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
Strawberry chocolate glaza
- 4.25 oz strawberry chocolate Lindt
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Hull and dice fresh strawberries and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oil and granulated sugar. In another small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. It is okay if the dough is sticky and heavy. Fold in diced strawberries.
- Divide batter into 2 halves. Shape each half into a rectangle and make about ½ inch thick and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until tops have slightly puffed up and turn a golden brown in color. Remove from oven and let them cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet.
- Once it has cooled for 10 minutes, cut biscotti into 1 inch thick strips. Add the strips back into the oven until golden in color. Then, turn the cookies over and bake the other side until golden as well.
- Heat strawberry lindt chocolate in microwavable bowl at 30 second intervals until smooth and melted. Drizzle over cooled biscotti. Serve and enjoy!
Cookies to enjoy!
- Amazing lotus biscoff stuffed cookies
- Peanut butter marshmallow cookies
- The famous cookie monster cookies
- The best banana cream pie cookies
Fun fact of the day!
Only 2% of the world's population has red hair! Now you all know what my color hair is!
Leave a Reply