Oreos are simply one of my absolute favorite cookies. There are so many desserts that they can be incorporated into. Cookies and cream cookies are one of my many recipes that Oreos make a debut in. These cookies are simple, delicious, and down right easy to make.
A browned butter cookie dough batter with chunks of Oreos, chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips. In addition, Oreo pudding mix is added in to give these cookies a soft and chewy texture. Pop one of these babies in your mouth and I promise you, you will not be able to stop.
My weekly booth at the local Farmer's market inspired this recipe. Although these cookies are not stuffed, I realized I had an abundance of Oreos to use up. However, with my kiddos around full time this summer, I wanted to make sure that I got the not stale Oreos to use in this recipe. They tend to leave the cookie flap on the Oreo package open, making the cookies chewy and stale! I am pretty sure all mama's out there know exactly what I am talking about!
- All-purpose flour
- Unsalted butter: I prefer browned butter. The bits really enhance the flavor in these cookies.
- Brown sugar: light or dark
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: Milk or dark can also be used.
- White chocolate chips
- Oreo pudding mix
What is browned butter?
Browned butter in my cookie batter has become one of my favorite ingredients. It provides such a nutty flavor to the cookies and gives it that extra something! Nonetheless, it is used in all of my stuffed cookie recipes that have become a hit!
Browning butter is a pretty easy process, but can burn quickly if you don't watch it. It takes about 5-7 minutes (depending on your stove top). Brown bits will start to form around the edge of the saucepan and on top. Pour in a bowl and chill before using.
Check out Martha Stewart's article on it and how to make the best use out of browned butter.
Why are these cookies so wonderful?
- Super soft and chewy from the Oreo pudding mix
- Filled with a chocolate lover's dream ingredients of Oreos, chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
- Small enough to pop in your mouth!
- Versatile! Use any Oreo flavor that you fancy!
- One of my favorite cookies on this planet! Who doesn't love anything with Oreos!
How to make Cookies and Cream cookies!
Remember, these cookies and cream cookies are pretty easy to make and starter bakers out there may love to try these! They can be whipped up in about 15 minutes and all done in about 30 minutes!
1. Prepare baking sheets and oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare baking sheets with silicon mats.
2. Whisk dry ingredients: Whisk all dry ingredients together and set aside.
3. Mix wet ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and both sugars. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until completely combined.
4. Mix wet and dry ingredients together: Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until well combined. Add in both chocolate chips and mix until incorporated. Fold in crushed Oreos.
5. Chill cookie dough overnight: Wrap cookie dough and chill overnight.
6. Bake, serve, and store: Let cookie dough come to room temperature and place on baking sheets. Bake for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool and serve. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week!
- Add in caramel bits or even peanuts to enhance the flavor.
- Make a cream cheese filling to stuff inside of the cookies.
- Make into cookie bars if you are feeling adventurous!
Is simply a dessert that contains the chocolate sandwich cookies like Oreos.
Cookies and cream cookies with pudding
- Electric mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking sheets
- 1 cup unsalted butter browned
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup oreo pudding filling
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oreos crushed or chopped
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips milk or semi sweet
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
Cookies and cream cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon mats.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla until combined.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the oreo pudding filling, flour, baking soda, and salt. Add into wet ingredients and mix on medium until well combined.
- Roll about 2 tablespoon of cookie dough and place on prepared baking sheets about 2-3 inches apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until cookies are golden brown around the edges.
- Transfer to a piece of parchment paper and cool completely. Serve and enjoy. Put in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Cookies you will love!
Fun fact of the day!
A song that gets stuck in your head is called an "earworm". I never knew it actually had a term for it!