Sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't! Almond Joy's got nuts and Mounds don't! Catchy little jingle, huh? Healthy vanilla coconut balls are next up on my blog!
These are made with or without nuts and can even be coated in chocolate. However, after the long week I have had, I stuck to a nut-less and without chocolate coconut ball! They contain only 4 ingredients and are healthy! Boom, another win, win in my book!
Nonetheless, make these as a part of your Christmas cookie platter for your next festive get together!
Only four ingredients?
A delicious cookie like dessert with only four ingredients? Yup, and these coconut balls deserve the street cred! I am super partial to anything with coconut in it, but these are so good! In addition, they only take about 10 minutes to make and 30 minutes to set in the fridge!
- Unsweetened coconut
- Unsalted butter
- Confectioner's sugar
- Vanilla extract
Step by step instructions
- Gather ingredients and put in bowl: Gather all three ingredients and put in medium sized bowl. Mix until well combined. Divide coconut into two separate bowls and the smaller bowl is used for coating.
- Mix ingredients together and roll into balls: Mix all ingredients until well combined. Roll into little balls.
- Coat the coconut balls: After rolling the balls, coat them again in more coconut. Set on plate!
- Refrigerate and serve! Put the coconut balls in the fridge to set for 30 minutes and then serve!
Substitutions and variations
- Cover them in chocolate
- Add in sweetened condensed milk, but note it will change the texture
- Add in some macadamia nuts or almonds to the centers
In an airtight container in the fridge for up to week. They will keep in the freezer for 1-2 months.
Why yes, they are! Coconut has so many health benefits. It is heart healthy, helps with cholesterol, aids in digestion, reduces hunger and so much more! However, the kids don't need to know that!
Vanilla Coconut balls
- mixing bowl
- 1¾ cup unsweetened coconut divided
- ¾ cup confectioner's sugar
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the confectioner's sugar, melted butter and 1¼ cup of coconut. Using a spatula, mix together until all combined.
- In another small bowl, add ½ cup of the coconut. Roll the combined mixture into little balls and dip in the extra coconut in the bowl.
- Place balls on a plate and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set. Serve and enjoy!
Simple desserts to enjoy
Fun fact of the day!
A coconut is not a nut, it is botanically a drupe. Great, what the heck is a drupe!
Leave a Reply