Simple cinnamon pecan bars are buttery, sweet, nutty, and super crunchy. These are a great alternative for breakfast or an afternoon snack. The cinnamon with every crunch is just why these bars are hard to put down! Simple to make and baked in a sheet pan. Just grab one and go!
I was sifting through many of the family's cookbooks when I came across these bars. I had all the ingredients in my pantry and gave it a shot! After two attempts and the recipe being somewhat deceiving, I had made them perfectly!
- Unsalted butter: Can use margarine as well.
- Granulated sugar: Brown sugar will work and flavor will be just as amazing.
- All-purpose flour
- Egg yolk: gives these bars the buttery, rich flavor.
- Pecans: chopped
What makes these bars so amazing?
- Simple and easy to make
- Texture is super crunchy and satisfying
- Made in a sheet pan
- Can eat these any time of the day!
Tips and tricks
- Can use other size of pans if desired, but texture won't be as thin and crunchy.
- Swap pecans for walnuts and still enjoy nutty flavor.
- Cut the bars while they are still warm. If you allow them to harden too much they won't cut evenly.
How to make Pecan Cinnamon bars
First, cream butter, sugar, and egg yolk (save egg white) together until combined. Add in flour and cinnamon and mix until incorporated.
Second, spread batter out on a greased 10x15 in cookie sheet. The dough will be super stiff (no you didn't mess up and this is how it is supposed to look).
Third, whisk the egg white and spread over batter with pastry brush. Sprinkle finely cut pecans and press them down in the dough.
Bake at 300 for 30-40 minutes or until bars look golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
Place cut bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. No need to refrigerate.
They are more crunchy, like a Nature valley granola bar and don't have the pecan pie filling.
Bar recipes that are delicious!
- Lucky charms cookie dough squares
- Gingersnap crust cheesecake bars
- Strawberry bars with banana crust
- Mint chocolate chess bars
Cinnamon pecan bars
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Home Decor
- Electric mixer with beaters
- 10x5 cookie sheet
- pastry brush
- ½ lb butter may use margarine
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pecans crushed down
- With the hand mixer cream together butter and sugar, then add egg yolk only and beat well
- Add in flour and cinnamon
- Spread out in a greased 10x15 cookie sheets with side, dough will be stiff
- Spread it out as thin as possible
- Beat egg white and brush it on the dough, crush pecans in bad
- Sprinkle the top with the pecans and make sure to press them firmly into the dough
- Preheat oven to 350° and bake for 35 minutes
- Once taken out of the over and squares are hot, cut right away
- Store in airtight container for up to a week.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Fun fact of the day!
The most expensive pizza in the world costs $12.000. Huh?
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Leave a Reply