Today me will live in the moment, unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie. Cookie monster is very wise creature and would very much approve of my Ferrero rocher cookies!
A soft and chewy cookie filled with chopped hazelnuts, dark chocolate chunks and drizzled with Ferrero Rocher. These delicious are just in time for the holidays! So get your cookie platters out and put these ingredients on your list!
What can Hazelnuts do for your health?
I have learned that either you are a nut lover in your baked goods or you are not! I am definitely team nuts (yes that's sounds so sexual), but not just because they taste great! In addition, they have a ton of health benefits!
I became exposed to hazelnuts when I was in my college years. When I would come home on the weekends (which wasn't very often) I would go shopping with my mom and grandma. We would always end up at Walmart and my grandma would buy the three pack of Ferrero Rocher! One bite into one of those little chocolate balls of heaven and I was hooked!
Take out the crunchy chocolate coating on the outside and you have the hazelnut! It is full or nutrients, antioxidants, heart healthy and can even lower your risk for some cancer!
- All-purpose flour
- Chopped hazelnuts: their recipe calls for blanched hazelnuts.
- Baking powder and soda
- Ground ginger
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Raw sugar
- Brown sugar
- Chopped dark chocolate
- Ferrero Rocher
Step by step instructions
- First, line baking sheets with parchment paper. Hold off on preheating oven at this point since cookie dough has to be chilled for 2 hours.
- Second, whisk the flour, salt, baking soda and powder and ginger in a bowl and set aside. Beat the butter, all the sugars on high for 5-7 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Third, reducing the speed to medium add the eggs one at a time until completely combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary. Next, add in the honey and vanilla until they are incorporated. Reduce speed once again to low and mix in dry ingredients just until combined. Add in the hazelnuts and chocolate until combined.
- Fourth, use about 3 tablespoon of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place on prepared baking sheets and chill in the fridge for two hours.
- Lastly, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove cookies from fridge, sprinkle seat salt on cookies and bake for 12-15 minutes (rotating half way through) until the edges are golden brown. Let cookies cool for about 10 minutes and sprinkle with ferrero rocher crumbles if desired! Serve and Enjoy!
Tips and tricks
- The cookie dough needs to be chilled for at least 2 hours. This helps from preventing the cookies from spreading too much when baked.
- While cookies are baking, be sure to rotate from top to bottom and front to back halfway through. This will allow for even baking of each cookie.
- You can choose to not put the crumbled ferrero rocher on top if you just want the taste of dark chocolate in the cookie. Regardless, they taste scrumptious!
- You can toast your own hazelnuts in the oven at 300 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool slightly then coarsely chop and mix in cookies.
Substitutions and variations
- Add in different flavors of chocolate
- Stuff the cookies with the Ferrero rocher
- Make into cookie bars
Why yes it is! That creamy center is the rich nutella we all love!
Ferrero rocher cookies
- Electric mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking sheets x2
- Parchment paper
Chocolate hazelnut cookies
- ¾ cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup raw sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 oz dark chocolate
- 7 oz ferrero rocher crushed and crumbled
Ferrero Rocher cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and ginger. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, raw sugar, and brown sugar on high speed until light and fluffy (5-7 minutes). Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- While reducing the speed to medium, add the eggs one at a time until combined. Add in the vanilla and honey.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the dry ingredients; beat until completely combined. Add the chocolate and hazelnuts just until incorporated.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoon of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place on parchment paper about 2 inches apart from each other. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Remove cookies from fridge and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Slightly cool cookies and if desired sprinkle crushed ferrero rocher over cookies.
- Cookie dough can be made 1 month ahead of time. Put in resealable freezer bags. Bake from frozen.
Cookies to enjoy!
Pecan ice box cookies
Oatmeal cookies with peanuts
Unicorn cookie cups
Ultimate chocolate chip cookies
Fun fact of the day!
The cookies that the cookie monster enjoys on Sesame Street are actually painted rice cakes!
Leave a Reply