Want to gain a few more lbs than the quarantine 15? This chocolate glazed marble donut bread will be sure to add to your waistline. I am sure excited to share this with you guys because it is super easy to make and so ridiculously good!!!!
It is an incredibly cakey bread that is baked until perfectly moist. Marbled with rich chocolate and sweet vanilla flavors and then glazed with a chocolate ganache. If this doesn’t make you want to make this amazeballs breakfast, then I don’t know what will!
What makes it a donut type bread?
One difference between a cake type bread versus regular bread is the leavening agent that make the dough or batter rise. It is essentially the leavening and the handling of the recipe that influences the final product. But, sometimes it is the amount of sweetness that gives one finished baked product the title of “cake” or “bread”.
I played a little with the recipe and was craving that sweet goodness that anything marbled offers! Because anything marbled is stupendous, right? All jokes aside, and after tweaking an old recipe of mine, this version was born and I was pretty darn happy with it!
- All-purpose flour
- Organic fair trade Cocoa Powder: This is by FAR the best I have used in any of my recipes that require it.
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable oil
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
Tips for the chocolate glazed marble donut bread
- You can use a buttermilk substitute if you don’t have any on hand. It would be 1/2 cup of milk+ 1/2 tsp of vinegar. I usually don’t have buttermilk on hand most of the time, so I have had to use this substitution. It works great!
- Make sure to swirl your butter knife around to get that perfect marbled look, otherwise it will just look spotty.
- When making the chocolate glaze/ganache, you can always add a little extra of vegetable oil to thin it out before drizzling on the bread.
Other yummy recipes
Chocolate Glazed Marble donut bread
- Oster electric mixer
- Home Decor
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 9x5 bread pan
- MIcrowavable bowl
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9x5 bread pan with vegetable shortening. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix oil, butter and sugar until well combined. Stir in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold in buttermilk and dry ingredients until a uniform batter has formed. Scrape down sides to ensure no lumps are present.
- Remove ½ half of the batter and scrape into a smaller bowl. Add in your cocoa powder.
- Pour half of the prepared batter into the bottom of the bread pan. Spoon half of the cocoa batter in small dollops over the top of the batter. Pour remaining plain batter over the top. Dot the top with the remaining cocoa batter. Using a butter knife, swirl the two batters together. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Remove bread from pan after ten minutes of cooling time and let finish cooling on wire rack.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the butter, chocolate chips and light corn syrup. Stirring every 10 seconds. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled bread and leave to set.
Fun fact of the day!
This shit makes me laugh. Did you guys and gals know that ants actually stretch when they get up in the morning? LOL!
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.