Uh-Oh Cheerios! That is the simple phrase I think of whenever I see a box of Cheerios. I have to admit, I secretly love this brand of cereal and all of its flavors. Super delicious and heart healthy! Believe it or not, so are my cheerio bars!
Since school is in full swing for two of my kiddos, I wanted to be able to give them an on the go snack that is super heart healthy versus the Butterfinger they would prefer (who doesn’t love a Butterfinger, and more for me).
These cheerio bars have only 4 ingredients and are super duper easy to make. Nonetheless, the kids were not disappointed and with the peanut butter, they actually thought it tasted like the Butterfinger they preferred, but with way less calories! Winning!
I have been slacking on the blog posts this past week, but I have been SUPER busy with preparing for our Fall Fest here in Muk town. I have made over 500 stuffed cookies and after next weekend, I can take a breather a bit! So the posts this week have to consist of something sweet and easy to make! However, nothing will be lacking in the taste department, I promise!
With only 4 ingredients in this Cheerio Bars recipe, it can be made within minutes. Most of these may even be found in your pantry.
what are these cheerio bars?
- Simple amazing and delicious
- Easy to make
- Kid friendly for all ages!
- Crispy and chewy all at the same time!
how to make cheerio bars
- Prepare 8×8 pan: line pan with parchment paper or foil. Pour Cheerios in large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt ingredients together: In a large saucepan, melt peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon.
- Pour over Cheerios: Pour mixture over Cheerios in bowl and mix until all the cereal is coated.
- Place in prepared pan: Pour Cheerio mixture into prepared pan and press firmly and evenly. Place in fridge for 1 hour!
- Serve bars: cut and serve bars. Place leftovers in fridge.
bars you will enjoy!
- 8x8 pan
- Parchment paper
- Large saucepan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 3 cups apple cinnamon cheerios
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside. Pour Cheerios in large bowl.
- In a large saucepan, add peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon. Melt completely. Pour over Cheerios and mix with spatula until all Cheerios are covered.
- Place mixture into prepared pan and press firmly until even in pan. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before cutting and serving. Leave leftovers in fridge.
fun fact of the day!
There is a “Cheerios effect”. In fluid mechanics when floating objects attract one another, just like Cheerios in a bowl of milk.