Uh-Oh Cheerios! That is the simple phrase I think of whenever I see a box of Cheerios. I have to admit, I secretly love this brand of cereal and all of its flavors. Super delicious and heart healthy! Believe it or not, so are my amazing 4 ingredient cheerio bars!
Since school is in full swing for two of my kiddos, I wanted to be able to give them an on the go snack that is super heart healthy versus the Butterfinger they would prefer (who doesn't love a Butterfinger, and more for me).
These cheerio bars are super duper easy to make. Winning! Check out my other peanut butter desserts! Peanut butter marshmallow cookies, and Cornflake bars, and Butterfinger cake.
Ingredients and substitutions
With only 4 ingredients in this Cheerio Bars recipe, it can be made within minutes. Most of these may even be found in your pantry.
- Cheerios: I used apple cinnamon to stick with the fall theme I have going on, but most any flavor can be used. You can also use Cornflakes, Rice chex, or even Fruit loops.
- Peanut butter: creamy of any kind of peanut butter works, but I prefer Peter pan or Jif.
- Honey: I bought from my local farmer's market! Supporting local is the best! Use corn syrup as a substitute.
- Ground cinnamon
What makes these bars so amazing?
- Easy to make with only 4 ingredients
- Kid friendly for all ages!
- Crispy and chewy all at the same time!
How to make cheerio bars
- Prepare 8x8 pan: line pan with parchment paper or foil. Pour Cheerios in large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt ingredients together: In a large saucepan, melt peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon.
- Pour over Cheerios: Pour mixture over Cheerios in bowl and mix until all the cereal is coated.
- Place in prepared pan: Pour Cheerio mixture into prepared pan and press firmly and evenly. Place in fridge for 1 hour!
- Serve bars: Cut and serve bars. Place leftovers in fridge.
- Use a different variety of cereals
- Add in marshmallows, any kind of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or cinnamon chips. Also, melt chocolate to layer on top of bars.
- Different candies can be added in such Reese's pieces or M&M's.
Either wet your fingers or spray them with non-stick spray.
Yes to both. At room temperature in an airtight container, they will last 2 days at room temperature.
Amazing cheerio bars
- 8x8 pan
- Parchment paper
- Large saucepan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 3 cups apple cinnamon cheerios
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside. Pour Cheerios in large bowl.
- In a large saucepan, add peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon. Melt completely. Pour over Cheerios and mix with spatula until all Cheerios are covered.
- Place mixture into prepared pan and press firmly until even in pan. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before cutting and serving. Leave leftovers in fridge.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days.
Bars you will enjoy!
Fun fact of the day!
There is a "Cheerios effect". In fluid mechanics when floating objects attract one another, just like Cheerios in a bowl of milk.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.