Sugar pie Honey Bunch, you know that I love you! I can’t help myself, but make Brown sugar pie too! Wow, that was my awful way of expressing my love for this new pie! Nevertheless, singing has never been one of my strong suits and that is why I bake!
On a more serious note, do yourself a HUGE favor and make this brown sugar pie. It is so rich and delicious. A flaky pie crust topped with a brown sugar filling and baked to perfection. It has similarities to a pecan pie, but without the pecans! The recipe can be made as a single pie or just double the ingredients and you will have enough filling for two pies!
Born and raised in the midwest, I always love to experiment and try desserts from different cultures and states. The brown sugar pie has ties to Canada, France and even Indiana. It has evolved over the years, however, what has stayed consistent is the richness of the pie. In addition, the caramel flavor of the pie is amazing!
With only a few ingredients the brown sugar pie comes to life!
- Light brown sugar: I have seen recipes that use dark brown sugar as well.
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Pillsbury frozen pie crust: homemade can be used as well.
Tips for Brown sugar pie
- This recipe makes one single pie that serves 8 people. However, you can double this very easily to get another pie.
- Any flavoring of extract can be used. I prefer the vanilla or almond.
- The filling for this recipe will fill almost the entire pie crust, if it starts spilling over, set it on a baking sheet.
- Melted butter added to any cold ingredients will solidify the butter. Be sure to whisk until completely combined.
- Add vanilla ice cream or whipped cream to the top!
How to make a Brown Sugar pie
Not many steps are involved to make a brown sugar pie. This recipe is super simple and easy. In addition, any new baker just starting out can’t mess up this delish pie!
- Preheat oven and prepare pie crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare frozen pie crust by thawing it out and then set aside.
- Whisk the filling: Gently, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl. Once well mixed, pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake pie and serve: Bake pie for 50-60 minutes depending on oven temps. Pie will not have jiggle left to it. Let it cool and then serve!
ENjoy these pies!
Brown Sugar pie
- Electric mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
Brown sugar pie
- 8 oz light brown sugar may use dark as well
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 pie crust frozen
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
Brown sugar pie
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare pie pan with frozen crust.
- Whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Don't overmix.
- Pour pie filling into prepared pie crust and pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes on the middle rack in the oven. Pie is done when it doesn't jiggle in the middle. Let cool completely and refrigerate.
- Pie will set further when in the fridge and cooling down.
- Tent the pie crust with aluminum foil if the crust is getting too brown.
fun fact of the day!
You’ll eat about 35,000 cookies in your lifetime! Not hard to believe at all!